Indulge yourself in reading this winter and you may get to indulge yourself in a resort getaway or a book bag filled with literary and decadent treats. Timberland Regional Library is once again holding its popular Adult Winter Reading program from Jan. 1 through March 15.
How to participate:
• Read five books or listen to five audio books between Jan. 1 and March 15.
• Write the title, author and a very brief review of each book on a form that you can pick up at your Timberland library branch. You can also access the form and enter on the TRL website, www.TRL.org
• Rate books by marking from one through five stars.
• Turn in a form for each five books you finish. Each form is a prize entry.
Participants must be 18 or older and TRL cardholders. TRL employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter. Limit of one grand prize and one local prize per person.
Grand prizes for 2014
• Alderbrook Resort & Spa on the Hood Canal: An overnight stay in a luxury guestroom with spa, golf, marina, and restaurant on site
• Shelburne Inn in Seaview: one-night lodging in an antique-appointed deluxe room. $75 dinner credit, and gourmet breakfast for two
• Hampton Creek Inn, a bed-and-breakfast retreat on Highway 12 between Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier: overnight stay and breakfast for two
• Lake Quinault Lodge in the Olympic National Forest: one-night stay for two
• Tokeland Hotel in Tokeland: one-night accommodation and breakfast for two
• Bookbags, each of the 10 bags to be awarded contain a Nook e-reader, an assortment of indulgent treats and literary adventures.
Date exclusions apply for some of the overnight stays. Grand prizes will be drawn at TRL headquarters on March 21, 2014. Local prizes will be drawn at libraries at various times during the program. Check with your TRL branch for complete prize lists and rules. All prizes are donated by the resorts, local businesses, Friends of the Library groups and the TRL Foundation.
More information and printable forms will be at www.TRL.org